exhibition call 2014
In 2014, eremuak initiated a specific project aimed at encouraging participation in a collective exhibition to be held at Artium, Basque Centre-Museum of Contemporary Art, next June.
Since eremuak was founded in December 2010, one of the programme’s main tasks has been to identify the requirements and discourses present in contemporary artistic practices, as well as to foster actions that contribute to the enrichment and implementation of these debates. eremuak is based on an open concept that understands contemporary practices as work processes in development. It is a "living" programme in that each publication is constructed based on the responses to the demands detected in the local art scene.
One of the reflections of the “Publish, Produce, Programme” meeting held in July 2013 at Arteleku focused on the need to publicise the projects and works of artists based on a redesign of the collective exhibition format. In 2014, eremuak returned to this problem and initiated a specific project aimed at encouraging participation in a collective exhibition to be held at Artium, Basque Centre-Museum of Contemporary Art, next June.
This call is intended for artists and producers who maintain a relationship with the Basque artistic context and aims to show works and projects that have not been presented in exhibition format until today, activating in this way a public reception space. The exhibition also aims to operate as a meeting place for artists, critics, curators, providing exchanges between different work processes.
- Participants must submit:
1. A dossier of recent projects and works that includes images of these as well as a brief description of their work.
2. A detailed curriculum vitae.
- No age limit is established for taking part in the exhibition.
- The deadline for submitting documentation ends March 10.
- The selection will be made by members of the Commission, formed by Peio Aguirre, Beatriz Herráez, Itziar Okariz, together with Agar Ledó Arias (Programming Manager of the MARCO in Vigo) as external guest.
- A minimum of 10 proposals will be selected for presentation in the exhibition.
- The artists selected will receive a fee of €1200 gross.
- eremuak will bear the production costs generated in the exhibition space: costs relating to the job of adapting the work to the space within a budget previously approved by the commission, mounting and dismounting costs of the project in the space, transporting the work.
- Monitoring the work process for the exhibition will be done by members of the eremuak commission.
- A publication documenting the exhibition will be produced.
- Proposals may be submitted:
1. On digital support, with the supporting documentation in PDF file format through the online form attached to this page.
2. Or on a physical support sent to the postal address: Centro-Museo Vasco de Arte Contemporáneo Artium. Francia 24. 01002 Vitoria-Gasteiz, indicating in the application "eremuak exhibition call".
Should you have any doubt or query, please contact: email@example.com